Being a parent of a typical child is a hard job. When complicated by the impact of trauma in early years, it can be filled with nearly impossible days. The result is hurting parents and hurting children, and consequently, a home with extreme behaviors. Often, I find parents are surprised it is not just their child's conduct that concerns them, butas much it is their own reactions to the child's behavior. This isn't a journey to be made alone!
My heart is to come alongside you as you unravel the complicated behavior in your home. When armed with a knowledge of the impact of trauma we can collaborate to create solutions through addressing physical needs, connection and learning new ways to correct behaviors.
Through trauma informed parenting, you can create a home which offers a safe place of healing for you and your child. Utilizing TBRI® skills based on attachment and trauma informed care we can brainstorm ways to understand the needs behind your child's behavior.
TBRI® Educator and Certified Parent Coach
- TBRI® Educator
- ACPI Certified Parent Coach with specialized focus in trauma
- Certified Child Life Specialist
- MS in Human Development and Family Studies
How this will help you:
- I will help you define the need behind the behavior;
- I will help you create a home with a healing environment through learning TBRI® skills;
- Together we can discover of how your child's story is impacting behavior;
- I have compassion for the difficulty of raising a child from a hard place;
- I will help you explore creative parenting solutions;
- I will help laughter and play back to your home.
- For those in Boise, Idaho, and surrounding areas I can help you master TBRI® skills through a play based family group.